Location and Schedule
Owings Mills, MD – opportunity for remote work 1-2 days per week. This is a full-time position; however, for exceptional candidates, we will consider flexible or part-time scheduling for this role; please indicate this in your cover letter.
We founded Grier Forensics to make a tangible impact on our nation’s security. Our team includes engineers, scientists and subject matter experts who share the goal of pushing boundaries to do the unprecedented. New challenges require new solutions. We provide forensic, security, and cyber technology solutions for clients across the defense, intelligence, government, industry sectors. We strive to advance mission capabilities through the power of science.
We’re looking for a bright, motivated accountant who wishes to be challenged and make an impact as our Senior Accountant, performing internal accounting across our firm. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Grier’s senior management, as well our world-class external accounting firm. This position will serve an important role in the continued growth and success of our Firm.
You’ll start off:
- Performing our internal accounting (using our Unanet ERP)
- Preparing cost volumes detailing our direct and indirect costs as part of bid & proposals
Within 90 days, you’ll also:
- Enhance our internal accounting processes. Our accounting system documents procedures to handle common cases; you’ll extend them for other cases as you encounter them
- Prepare, review, and submit invoices and cost reports to our customers
Within 180 days, you’ll:
- Budget projects and monitor their financial performance
- Guide employees on project allocation
Within your first year, you’ll:
- Interface with DCAA and DCMA, supported by our Director of Contracts
- Monitor our indirect cost rates
- Produce and monitor companywide budgets and projections
- Compile financial data or analysis as requested by senior management
- Several years’ experience doing internal accounting at a government or defense contractor
- Knowledge of government (FAR) cost accounting, such as indirect rates
- Ability to operate ERP accounting systems such as Unanet, Deltek, or Dynamics
- Able to compile well organized, clear, accurate financial reports using Excel
- Committed to building: Grier is a growing company, and we need someone able to grow our accounting system with us
- A desire to learn, grow, and join a team. Camaraderie and collaboration are important parts of our culture; we’re looking for someone eager to share in that
What You’ll Love About Us
• Work Life Balance: We whole-heartedly believe that your work should empower your life and your life should empower your work!
• Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available
• Take Time for Yourself: Flexible PTO plan aimed to make sure our employees are able to recharge
• Plan for the Future: Retirement plan with a generous company match
• Professional Development: Employees are encouraged to utilize resources to challenge and grow their skills
Grier Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted with to handle sensitive and proprietary information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.