Owings Mills, MD – opportunity for remote work varies by position, experience, and skill level. Currently, we require our Engineers to be onsite at least 2 days per week.
We founded Grier Forensics to make a tangible impact on our nation’s security. Our team includes engineers, scientists and subject matter experts who share the goal of pushing boundaries to do the unprecedented. New challenges require new solutions. We provide forensic, security, and cyber technology solutions for clients across the defense, intelligence, government, industry sectors. We strive to advance mission capabilities through the power of science.
We are looking for a Polyglot self-starter who can work independently but remain open to collaborating with other team members and members of other teams, both in terms of seeking help and providing help. Our goal is to find a talented, bright, and curious Engineer who can leverage the below skills in order to perform the necessary responsibilities, which equate to success in this environment. We are not just a “C++ Shop”; we use the best tools for the job and each product is different, so we need individuals who can adapt to change and learn new skills.
1. Self-Management, Project Management, Benchmarking
2. Continuous learning
3. Constructing and designing software by writing robust code
4. Providing comprehensive tests, including unit tests and system-level or integration tests as needed, in parallel with actual code delivery
5. Documenting work including daily and weekly reports as well as assembling product demos
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or another relevant field, as well as 3+ years of professional experience
2. Comprehensive knowledge of any of the following: C++, Python, Scala, Linux Networking, Concurrent Programming, Multithreading
3. Initiative to rapidly learn new skills and assume project ownership
4. Experience programming at any level within the system hierarchy (physical, kernel, user)
5. Ability to write technical reports and describe technical progress
6. Ability to apply the Scientific Method to software engineering
What You’ll Love About Us
• Work Life Balance: We whole-heartedly believe that your work should empower your life and your life should empower your work!
• Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available
• Take Time for Yourself: Flexible PTO plan aimed to make sure our employees are able to recharge
• Plan for the Future: 401(k) with a generous company match
• Professional Development: Employees are encouraged to utilize resources to challenge and grow their skills
Grier Forensics is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted with to handle sensitive and proprietary information, we require all candidates that receive and
accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.